By TOM BOWSER
Control One Setting Only in a Group:
This tip is useful if you want to change a setting on one track that is assigned to a group WITHOUT changing the same setting on the rest of the tracks assigned to the group.
For example, you have all the drums assigned to a group. The group has been selected and is active. You want to change a snare drum fader level without changing all the other drum levels and without deactivating the group.
- Press and hold down the "Windows" key.
The "Windows" key is called a "modifier" key in Pro Tools. It has the Microsoft logo on it.
- Raise or lower the fader level of the snare drum track.
Holding down the Windows key allows you to change:
- The level of one channel fader in a group.
- The solo or mute status of one track in a group.
To suspend all groups:
- Press and hold down the Ctrl and SHIFT then the letter g key on the keyboard. While holding down the Ctrl and SHIFT keys the g key can be used to toggle the suspend state from enabled to disabled.