By TOM BOWSER
Mute or Unmute a Clip or Entire Track:
- Enable "Commands keyboard Focus" by clicking on the a/z button in the upper right corner of the Pro Tools Edit window.
Select the clip, clips or entire track you want to mute. You can select clips on one or multiple tracks.
To select one or more clips on a track:
- Left click and hold down the left mouse button in the upper half of the track at the point you want to begin your selection.
- Drag the mouse cursor over the clip or clips you want to select.
- Release your left mouse button when you've finished your selection.
To select an entire track and all its clips:
- Left click in the upper half of the track.
- Press and hold down the Ctrl key then the a (A) key on your keyboard.
Mute the selected clips or track:
- Press and hold down the Ctrl + m keys on your keyboard to mute the selected clip, clips or track. Muted clips will turn grey. (see image below)
To unmute a clip/s or entire track:
- Select the clip or clips you want to unmute.
- Press and hold down the Ctrl + m keys on your keyboard.