By TOM BOWSER
NOTE: For this Quick Start a "clip" is defined as a segment of an audio file.
To quickly add fade in/outs:
- Select the clip/s on the track you want to add fades to.
- Press and hold down the Ctrl then the f key on your keyboard. The "Batch Fades" window will open. The default 10 millisecond fade in/out setting can be adjusted as/if needed to ensure that a fade-in has not removed the transient (beginning) of a selected clip.
- Left click on the "OK" button to automatically add a fade in and a fade out to each separate clip of the track. See image below.
To select a single clip on a track:
- Left click on the bottom half of the clip you want to select. The background of a selected clip will darken. The second snare hit on the image below has been selected.
To select the entire track and all its separate clips:
- Left click in the upper half of the track.
- Press and hold down the Ctrl then the letter "a" key on your keyboard to highlight all the separate clips on the track.